Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Begining....

After several years of praying asking God to let me go on a medical mission team, my church sends every year by Gods grace to Kenya ,2010 was the year He said GO! I did not know at this time He (God) was also saying yes to a hearts desire to go to Mozambique,and sit under Heidi and Roland Bakers ministry. Shortly after I made the disidtion to go to Kenya God started bring up Heidi and Mozambique, not knowing much about the ministry ,I did not know what I would do in Mozambique, I did not know she had a school that started six and a half years ago, with the first school having to dig there own latreans. (toilet) I found Heidi on the internet and saw she had a mission school. My heart lept at the possibility of going,long story short, after praying/talking with God about the timing of it all,the Lord clearly said "If you don't go now there may not be another opportunity." The school started with the name 'holy given' and now is called 'harvest school' the heart behind the school is to raise up 'laid down lovers of Jesus' bring a Kingdom culture instead of a Africa or western culture. Heidi's book compelled by love,captures my heart,because as I was reading it I felt as if I was reading my own heart verbatim. The past four months have been an amazing time with the holy three in one. I have learned so much about myself and God in me.He has just taken me deeper, deeper in love with Him. He has spoken to me about prayer and is raising the bar all over the earth in regards to prayer. I also have a heart to care for others/the poor and hunger. As I thought about what to share when I came back to the U.S. I became overwelmed and didn't want to, but that would be wrong,wrong not to testifie to the goodness of my dad and God. As I cryed out to Him to help me share the last 4 months of my life He gave me the flowing verse, and I immediately felt peace.......Psalms 119:25-32



"I am laid low in the dust;

preserve my life according to your word.

I recounted my ways and you answered me;

teach me your decrees.

Let me understand the teaching of your precepts;

then I will meditate on your wonders.

My soul is weary with sorrow;

strengthen me according to your word.

Keep me from deceitful ways;

be gracious to me through your law.

I have chosen the way of truth;

I have set my heart on your laws.

I hold fast to your statutes,O Lord;

do not let me be put to shame.

I run in the path of your commands,

for you have set my heart free.

No comments: