Monday, September 1, 2008

Fire

Hmmmmmm..... I should be cleaning and straighting up my room at the parents house but as you know at the moment I am not. I am looking forward to having Graham Cooke here for a conference this coming weekend, and my sis from Richmond will be coming with her family and bring a few friends with her. That is why I have got to pull my room together, right after I finish writing on my blog. We were just in Richmond this Sunday celebrating my Brother-in-law Chris 40th birthday. Love ya Man! Are you all bring your motorcycle this weekend? :)
Anyway, It was a good trip and good times with friends in Richmond. Thanks Richmond family for being excited for me in the new things God is doing. I have had lots of support here at home, but I love networking and seeing the excitement in other place.
That is how fire is spread. We each carrie a light/flame and we get to set things on fire. So you remember all those times your mom and dad said not to play with fire.....Well church family it is time to play with fire.... with the Holy Spirit leading of course...I think somewhere a long the line I became fearful of fire...and truthfully fire can be very destructive and cause pain, if it is not handled properly. However, fire when handle properly can provide warmth, comfort and healing emotional and relational. Just think about the last you sat by at cracking fire. How did you feel and who were you with? Did you want to stay close to the fire because when you walked away you felt cold? Think about it and ask God what He wants to reveal to you about fire, His of course.
I could go on and on with what God is revelling to me at the moment, but I want to know what He is saying to you? So go ahead and drop me a few lines.
Love in Him,
your neighborhood blogger
Lara

1 comment:

Loving the Journey, Hanging onto the Promises!! said...

Sorry we made you clean your room. And sorry things did not work out. We had everyone cancel when it was going to be just for Saturday night. We were leaving late due to football tryouts : ) Oh and don't forget that Shiloh Place ministries is coming, we are filling up so let me know if you are coming......

Melanie